Sunday, February 14, 2010

Herb Pots For The Kitchen Growing Bulbs In Pots. Hints, Tips And Advice?

Growing bulbs in pots. Hints, tips and advice? - herb pots for the kitchen

I am glad of moving into an apartment with a balcony. I have a few pots on the balcony, one with a bouquet of roses and lavender, and one with bubbles. I know I will snakehead Fritillaria, gladioli and bells, because they are favorites, but I'm running around and saving light bulbs? Other suggestions for cutting the season of color (and / or flowers and bring a building)? I also think herbs in pots - they are the best on the balcony or window in the kitchen? I'm not particularly green thumb, but I'm working on it! Any help appreciated, I thank you in advance:)

1 comment:

Gardengi... said...

Snowdrop well in pots, appear to be limited by the space for all work hard to win the pot, the room is.
Planting flower bulbs that bloom in sequence with the same brush, for example. Snowflakes, then an early daffodils, then tulips. Plant bulbs deep.

Choose shorter varieties that are easier and less and produce more leaves for easy cleaning.

Lillies miracles in pots and has a wonderful fragrance, try the White House.
Alliums are happy in pots as well, try Allium schubertii,
You may have a problem with fleas, they should bloom the first year but gradually fade.

If you can afford to place the bulbs in pots. Otherwise, if the blades are lifted off and storedPaper bags in a cool, dark place. I never bother to keep the tulips bloom forever and the second year, only buy a new one.

The herbs need more space than you can give a window, but basil is well covered.

Post a Comment